Bugatti 57 SC Corsica Roadster, 1938
- Clear Coat Version
This limited Corsica edition of 1,000 pieces worldwide provides a new idea of model building as an art. While you get the same fully equipped and functional Corsica model, it is devoid of deco paintwork. With this, we are able to reveal all the high-class materials used, together with their natural looks as well as the extraordinary craftsmanship employed to build the model.
If someone has said that a model is worth seeing only with flawless paintwork on, he or she is likely to reconsider after viewing our unpainted “rough diamond.” In its clear finish, this Corsica model is as impressive as any painted ones. As the proverb goes, “beauty is skin-deep.” And real beauty should come from within.
This is something that CMC does not have to worry about. Its models are products of fine, traditional craftsmanship. Parts and components are made of solid, quality materials. Apart from zinc alloy as a primary material, CMC also uses non-ferrous metals like copper, brass, and stainless steel to make hoods, floor panels, covers, trimmings, and so on. Furthermore, you will discover in our models the use of real leather (seats, side panels of the doors), premier rubber (tires), aluminum and stainless steel wire (rims, spokes, etc.) and textile (floor linings).
Of course, CMC cannot make do without some use of synthetic materials. But they must be of the best quality and are also used sparingly, primarily in powertrain components.
For permanent protection against discoloration and/or patina, the surface of the model is covered with a clear coat.
Treat yourself to a model car of an extraordinary kind, and you will be amazed.
- Hand-assembled precision model composed of over 1,780 single parts
- Authentically formed and true-to-scale body, built after the contemporary appearance of the car found in John Mozart’s collection
- Precisely replicated frame of metal
- Fully functional double-wing engine hood. The wings open to rest on specially-mounted metal buttons
- True-to-the-original replication of the front with beautifully-integrated head lamps
- Perfectly replicated radiator grille and functional metal radiator cap in a chrome finish
- Rear wheels covers with “half-moon” metal tabs
- Functional driver and passenger doors with finely-made hinges
- Highly detailed 8-cylinder in-line engine with all aggregates, pipes, and cabling
- Perfectly spoked wheels and two-wing central locking nuts with right- or left-hand threat for the release of the wheels
- Removable spare wheel in the trunk after the toggle screw is released
- A miniature version of the car jack, air-pump, grease gun and toolkit is enclosed in the trunk
- Finely replicated dashboard with all instruments and controls
- Elaborate underbody with an exhaust system of stainless steel
- Model is unpainted with body parts sealed in a clear coat
Technical Data of the Original Vehicle
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine with two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 72 x 100 mm
- Displacement: 3,257 ccm
- Output: approx. 200 hp at 5,500 / rpm
- Top speed: approx. 200 km/hr
- Right-hand drive
- Dry sump lubrication
- Mechanical cable brakes
- Wheel base: 2,980 mm
- Track width front / rear: 1,350 mm
- Total length: approx. 4,510 mm